Enforcement & Modification

Enforcement & ModificationEnforcement

At the conclusion of a divorce or Family Court action there is an agreement or Judge’s decision that becomes a court order binding on both parties.  In a perfect world, both parties live and act in accordance with such an order.  However, we do not live in a perfect world and people do not always do what he or she is ordered by the courts.  If you need legal assistance enforcing an order of child support, spousal support or visitation, Attorney Ross S. Gelber can help you.


Once a judgment of divorce is final it will contain provisions specific to child custody, visitation, child support and maintenance.  These provisions will remain in full force and effect until such time as they are modified.  While judgments of divorce will be granted in Supreme Court, the Family Court has the ability to modify the provisions contained in the judgment of divorce.

The modification process begins by filing a petition for modification in the Family Court.  The petition will list out the specific reasons why you believe you are entitled to a modification of a previously made Order.

Ross S. Gelber, Esq., can represent you in modifying the following:

  • Child Custody Modification
  • Visitation Modification
  • Child Support Modification
  • Maintenance Modification

For more information about enforcing or modifying your divorce or Family Court order please contact Ross S. Gelber at 716-632-5919 or rgelber@rossgelberlaw.com.