Child Custody Modification

In the years following a divorce or separation the circumstances of the parties may change substantially.  Where such a change occurs a parent may seek to modify the terms of a divorce order if he or she believes it is in the best interest of the child.  There is any number of reasons that would warrant a modification of custody including relocation or remarriage issues.

Unfortunately, there are situations of domestic violence, emotional, physical or sexual abuse of a child or drug and alcohol dependency that would warrant a modification of custody.  These instances require immediate attention and possible intervention by law enforcement.  If any of these instances occur, please ensure the safety of your child and ask for help immediately.

For more information on modifying the terms of your custody order, please contact Ross S. Gelber at 716-632-5919 or